1 kilo plums, halved, stoned
The second one is:
Butternut Pumpkin Apple Marmelade
600 grams butternut pumpkin
400 grams apples
800 grams gelling sugar
1 teaspoon Bourbon vanille or vanille sugar
± 200 ml. water
* Peel the Butternut pumpkin and remove all the seeds and fibers, cut into cubes.
* Peel apples and cut into cubes.
* Add water and cook for about 15 min. or until softened.
* Mash with a stick mixer.
* Grate zest from lemon, squeeze juice and add to the pumpkin/apples.
* Add gelling sugar and bring to a boil.
* Boil for 4 minutes and then test in usual way for setting. (See recipe above)
* Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
* Invert jars for at least 10 minutes then turn upright. This will create a vacuum seal.
* Let cool.
This was my first time using pumkin to make marmelade and it was delicious. It also makes a nice gift from the kitchen as you don't find this marmelade in a regular store.